Bringing Market To Early-Stage Concept Development
Delivered by Screen Canberra Accelerator TV POD is an intensive gateway program for Australian, New Zealand and Singaporean writers, directors and producers seeking to develop and market-test tv projects with strong commercial prospects.
Key focus areas;
- Developing ideas for marketable TV shows
- Mapping out an act, episode and season
- Writing obsessive characters
- Writing synopsis, treatment and script
- Developing ideas from feedback
- Understanding the business model of development
- Learning the discipline and routine writing
This 6-month project-centred program assists participants of diverse background in generating, developing and pitching a screen project. Through rigorous story and marketing feedback in a collaborative workshop environment, writers have the opportunity to learn how to prepare for, and interact with market stakeholders.
Projects are evaluated both on their creative and commercial merits. Participants receive robust personal mentoring and coaching from their Developer with a view to improving the marketability of their projects as well as their skills as a screen practitioner.
Fortnightly workshops and Immersion Screenwriting for TV
Private networking events for participants
Industry professionals and representatives
Self-guided course teaching rigorous reading and writing regimen
Karel Segers has over 30 years of experience in the international film and television industry. He teaches and consults on screen story to writers, producers and agencies, and has clients with produced screen credits in most Australian States, Europe, the Middle East, and the UK and the US. Segers headed Programming and Acquisitions at the Digital Broadcasting Co (UK), bought films for Europe’s largest pay-tv Canal Plus and was a movie critic and on-air host for MTV Europe. He ranks among the world’s most influential people on social media for screenwriting and is recognised as an authority on story structure.
tV POD Success stories
- Accelerator TV POD 2020 registration. Register to gain access to the online class room, Immersion Screenwriting and more
Hardship Registration Grant
- Registration support for residents of the ACT or immediate region who are experiencing hardship due to COVID-19.
Payment Plan Registration
- Full registration via fortnightly instalments